“All busy parents should use this. It helps a lot with keeping you on budget and always being organized with what to cook on what days. Love, love it.” — Christy Lucas, busy parent
Just before Thanksgiving, we rolled out a new release of the enormously popular (5+ million downloads), award-winning BigOven for the iPhone. The big new feature: Menu Planner!
If you’ve got an iPhone or iPod, you now have easy mobile access to your Menu Plan, which you can create on the iPhone, iPad or web. Think of your Menu Plan as a calendar that can be filled with recipes and notes, which then turns into a grocery list for any date range with just a couple clicks.
(BigOven PRO membership is required to utilize the grocery list; Menu Planner itself is also a PRO feature, but is freely available for all users during the beta testing period.)
Menu Plans can be created or edited entirely on the iPhone, but we recommend that you also bookmark the URL www.bigoven.com/plan in your desktop web browser, since it’s very convenient to work with two weeks at a time via drag-and-drop.
Wherever you are – iPhone, iPad or Web — you’re working with the same plan – and BigOven synchronizes them for you seamlessly.
About 170,000+ Recipes BigOven 3.0
- View recipes anywhere, on vacation or at the grocery store – no awkward cookbooks or recipe cards
- Find new recipes to try – search by title, keyword, username, course or ingredient
- Use up leftovers – just enter ingredients from your fridge or pantry to find out what you can make
- Save time and money with Menu Planner
- Post your own recipes on www.bigoven.com and view them on the go
- Take and upload photos of any recipe you make within this app
- Save your Favorites and Try Soon recipes so you’re never stuck without dinner ideaqs
- Share recipes instantly via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Read and add your own recipe reviews
- Try importing recipes from text instantly with RecipeScan for free (3 free for a limited time)!
BigOven PRO ($15.99/year) members get:
- Get a grocery list automatically from any days in the Menu Planner
- Import 25 more recipes with RecipeScan
- Remove all advertising from the apps and website whenever you’re logged in
- Post recipes privately
- Detailed nutrition facts for recipes
- Track recipes you’ve made: Choose “Prepare” from any recipe and BigOven remembers that you’ve made it
Watch a demonstration of the Menu Planner here. Note how you can:
- Add recipes and notes to the Menu Planner
- Change serving sizes for recipes on the Menu Planner
- Generate a grocery list from your Menu Plan in a few taps
- Viewing Random Recipes and want to see another? Just shake the phone.
- Don’t want to hear any click sounds? Launch the Settings app, and choose “BigOven”. You’ll see the option there to turn off sounds.
- Want to prevent the screen from going into “Lock” while you’re making a recipe? Choose “Prepare” and view it in that mode.
- Want to find all the dessert recipes that, say, BigOven user “sgrishka” posted? Choose “Advanced Search” and enter “sgrishka dessert” in the “Keyword
- All your BigOven.com information is synchronized behind the scenes for you across devices. You can simply log in and BigOven will keep track of your additions/removals at any point of service. For instance, you can modify your grocery list using Internet Explorer from work, and then just grab your iPhone, and there it is! If you add items on your iPhone, and check the web, it’ll also be there.
- BigOven will group items by department for you automatically.
- Want to give someone PRO membership? You can now gift it, (or ask for it for Christmas!)
Like the app? Nominate us for the Crunchies, and tell a friend!
Do you find BigOven useful? We’d love your nomination for the Crunchie Award, Best Mobile App: http://is.gd/Tp4hUw
We’re so pleased that so many of you like the app. You voted us “Readers Choice, Best Recipe App 2011” on About.com, and we’re working hard to constantly improve it for you.
As you know, BigOven gets much better with every new user that joins – more photos, reviews and great recipes — so we’d love for you to spread the word with your friends!