Cooking is social! People love great recipe suggestions, seeing pictures of food, and talking about food. And BigOven can be as social as you want it to be.
With new-and-improved Facebook features, BigOven has made it easy to connect your Facebook friends with your cooking successes.
The new features make it super-easy to:
- Add a photo to your BigOven profile
- Get informed when Facebook friends join BigOven
- Keep your Facebook friends updated on your cooking successes
- Welcome new members to BigOven
There are features for existing BigOven members and those new to BigOven. Each case is described below.
Already a BigOven member? Link to Facebook here.
Are you already a BigOven member? Link your BigOven and Facebook accounts and:
- BigOven will pull in your Facebook photo, upgrading your presence on BigOven if you don’t already have a photo
- You’ll be given the option to:
- Automatically post recipe raves to your friends (only done when you rate a recipe a 4 or 5) [now implemented]
- Get an email when one of your Facebook friends joins BigOven (with their Facebook info)
- Notify your Facebook friends when you post a photo [coming later this month]
- Notify your Facebook friends when you post a recipe [coming later this month]
If you choose to notify your friends about recipe raves you make, every time you rate a recipe a 4 or 5 on BigOven, your friends will see a photo of the recipe, a link to the recipe, plus your personal comments. This is only shown when you rate it a 4 or 5, and only if you’ve chosen that option.
(Change your mind? No problem! You can change your options at any time via the Edit My Profile link on your chef page.)
For example, I’ve just made and rated the Asparagus and Gruyere Tart very highly (4 stars = “Great”) on BigOven. Without any extra effort, my Facebook friends now have a suggestion they should try:
I can easily disable this setting by visiting my “Edit My Profile” page at www.bigoven.com/account/me.
In 2012, we’ll be adding more Facebook-connected features.
So, existing members, give it a try: Link your Facebook and BigOven profiles.
Not yet a BigOven Member? It’s easier than ever to join.
You can join BigOven via Facebook and save a bunch of time. We’ll create a username, and import your Facebook photo and basic information to create your BigOven account.
You won’t have to confirm your email, and you won’t have to separately upload a photograph or customize your profile.
Are you new to BigOven? Join BigOven easily via Facebook.
We’re kicking around a lot of ideas for how we can better integrate Facebook and BigOven. Got an idea you’d like to share? Drop us a line!