Ever have a great cooking experience that you want to make sure another friend will try? Or did a friend of yours just join BigOven? Now, you can easily start them off with a suggestion or two.
Get your friends cooking.
With BigOven, you’ve always been able to email recipes, or text them to others via the app. But sometimes, even those ideas are fleeting, and can get lost days or weeks later. Now you can recommend recipes right on your friend’s profile page, or from the recipe detail page on BigOven.com, and those recipe recommendations will go onto your friend’s Try list, and a message from you will be placed in their Activity area. (If they’ve enabled notifications, they’ll also see a notification from you.) This message comes with a handy link to the recipe, and the recipe will be placed in their “Try” list for their consideration. (They can always remove it by clicking on the bookmark again, to un-set that flag.)
Use it to suggest a dinner idea, or pass along a great recipe that you’ve just had!
You’ll need to know the BigOven username of the cook in question. To find their username, you can visit the BigOven cook directory.
Two easy ways
- Find a recipe on BigOven, and click “Share”
- Enter their email address or click the dropdown to choose their BigOven username
or, method 2…
If you’re on the cook’s profile page, click “Recommend Recipe”
- Find their user profile page — it will be at www.bigoven.com/user/<username>. Or, you can get there by clicking on their avatar, or searching our directory.
- Once you’re on their profile page, click on “Recommend a Recipe”, which is short for “recommend recipe to this person”
- You’ll get a popup window that lets you choose the recipe. Enter your comments and you’re done!
What they see
Your friend will get an email from you with a link to the recipe. Plus, if they’re using the latest version of our apps (or the BigOven.com website), they’ll see the recommendation, and your brief comment about it, right there in their inbox.
The activity area is available in the new iOS app, the bigoven.com website, and new Android update available in May